WTF: Gallery of Zimbabwe’s Robert Mugabe’s Palace
While the poor people of Zimbabwe fight for a days meal, this is how the President of Zimbabwe, Robert Mugabe lives.
- Arab artists spent a year decorating the ceilings
- 3 acres of accommodation
- Estimated 26 million USD to build
- 25 en-suite bathrooms
- Neighbours in Borrowdale, Harare, have been told to sell up and leave to protect Mugabe’s security
- China has donated the glazed blue tiles that cover the roof.
- Malaysia has donated the timber
- there are underground rooms reinforced with concrete
- It is 3 times the size of the State House.
- has 44 acres of landscaped grounds
- A Serbian construction company built it – Energoproject – to a Chinese design. Mugabe said in interview that the Serbian company donated their material and labour
- 50 crack riot response police guard it on a 24 hour watch