Sleep Box coming to Dubai Airport
Rumor has it that Dubai Airport is installing 50-70 ‘Sleep Boxes’. Sleep Boxes are small cubicle spaces that are available at public places like Airports, train stations etc where people can book the ‘box’ for set time period to catch some sleep. It offers a small resting space while you wait for that connection in few hours. Ofcourse it doesnt come with attached washroom…you can use a public one for that. The concept is not new as Japan already has ‘Capsule Hotels’ that serve the same purpose. The only difference is that Sleep Boxes are bigger in size and give space to sit and sleep.
Sleep Boxes are designed by Arch Group [Russia]
SLEEPBOX is intended primarily to perform one main function – to enable a person to sleep peacefully. But it can also be equipped with various additional functions, depending on the situation. Application of the device can be very broad, not only in the form of paid public service, but also for internal purposes of organizations and companies.
- Size: 2 m x 1,40m x 2,30m to sleep in comfort and security.
- Cheap sleep in case of emergency for anyone rich or poor!!
- No time wasted looking for a hotel
- Designed to be installed at train stations and airports, and central public places or cities where accommodation is fully booked.
- In tropical climate countries the sleeper box can be installed outdoors in main streets.
- The space includes bed, linen, ventilation system, alarm. LCD TV, WiFi , space for your laptop and re chargeable phone. Under your bed and floor there is a cupboard for your luggage.
- Payment is made at terminals who will give clients an electronic key that can be purchased for 15 minutes or for as many hours as you need.
Arch Group [LINK]