Xcite Al-Ghanim’s latest offering Home Cinema setups
Xcite Al-Ghhanim called me in today to check out their latest offering, a complete home cinema setup. What they are offering is to convert your spare room into a complete home cinema which includes, sound proofing, furnishings, lightings, hardware setup and ofcourse the hardware as well.
The complete home cinema setup has been categorized into three types; bronze, silver and gold. Ofcourse each on has varying features and pricing as well. What you need is a decent room around 5×5 meters atleast. The process is simple, talk to the staff, they will visit your home and check out the spare room, provide you with an estimate for furnishing, you sign on the dotted line, and then give them 4-8 weeks to setup the home cinema.
Here is a breakdown of the costs involved:
1. Furnishings include sound proofing the room, carpeting, seating [electrical], lighting, wall texturing which will cost you KD 5000/- max
2. Each of the hardware packages include different number of speakers, sub-woofers, amplifiers, screens from 3 to 4 meter , blu ray player, and ofcourse projector
3. Bronze package would be KD 5000 + KD 5000 for furnishings
4. Silver package is KD 7,500 + KD 5000 for furnishings
5. Gold package is KD 10,000 + KD 5000 for furnishings
6. Furnishing includes 5 audience chairs which are electrically controlled, each extra chair is KD 200
7. You can add additional hardware like Kaliedoscape for digital storage of upto 1tb of media content which is KD 3000 extra
8. All the packages come with a custom iPad app that controls lighting, sound, home theater media, alternate content like gaming console and regular tv
Home cinema is a niche market and only serious movie buffs will go for the deal. Whats exciting about this offering is that it includes not only movie wathing, but one can also connect gaming consoles and regular tv to the home cinema. Imagine sitting with your buddies and playing soccer on the big screen. I sat in the home cinema for sometime and within a few minutes I felt like I was in an actual cinema. All I needed was some pop-corns, fuzzy drinks and nachos.
If I had a spare room and the moolah, I would love to have this kind of setup right inside my home. Here are some snaps and a short video of the setup that Xcite has done in the Avenues branch. You can also visit them and they would happily arrange a movie / gaming session for you to experience in the home cinema.